Color Psychology!

I just arrived home from Florida State Thespians competition at about 4 am Sunday morning. As expected, I have neglected all of my homework and left it for the day before its due. I very much so regret it.

I haven't thought about this project at all in a week because I was enjoying myself in Tampa, but I am now back home and getting the wheels turning again. I was thinking a lot about color schemes and color psychology when it comes to the film, and I decided to start picking filters and costume colors in specific scenes.

This website I found contained a chart that broke down different colors and their hues into different emotions or feelings. The red colors portray amorous feelings, and contrast with the blue feelings of isolation and green of evil. I'm thinking that the male color scheme for the main boy will start in the opening wearing red to represent how in love he is with his fiancee, peaking at the final scene, but would then shift to dark blues and greens as the film goes on. The main female character's color scheme will be whites and creams to represent her purity and innocence, especially after being assaulted.

I feel as though using that color psychology will enhance the attachment the audience feels towards the main characters.

That's all for now... Off to other homework.

“How Filmmakers Use Colors To Set The Mood Of A Film.” Digital Synopsis, 27 Feb. 2017, digitalsynopsis.com/design/film-movies-color-psychology/.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Royalty Free Credits!

filming delayed