Post 2- 2/28/18, Dilemma

I am having a dilemma.

I was watching one of my favorite films, "Home Again" starring Reese Witherspoon, and took inspiration from one scene of the movie. In the film, there is a scene where three filmmakers are meeting with a potential producer of their film, and the producer tells the men what sort of movie he's interested in making: A female-centric comedy (been done), a REALLY GOOD MOVIE (duh [spoiler: that's the one the boys want to make]), or a "found footage love story".

Here's the transcript of the scene:

JUSTIN: Here's something else that
might work for you guys.
What about a found footage
love story, you know?
I mean, like, no one's
ever done that before.

GEORGE: You mean, like somebody found
footage of Sam and Jane's love story?
I mean, why would
they have been...
Filming themselves.

JUSTIN: Filming, yeah, exactly.
I have no idea, you know.
Just a thought. Just a thought.
Here's something else that
might work for you guys.
What about a found footage
love story, you know?
I mean, like, no one's
ever done that before.
You mean, like somebody found
footage of Sam and Jane's love story?
I mean, why would
they have been...
Filming themselves.
Filming, yeah, exactly.
I have no idea, you know.
Just a thought. Just a thought.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=home-again-2017
Here's something else that
might work for you guys.
What about a found footage
love story, you know?
I mean, like, no one's
ever done that before.
You mean, like somebody found
footage of Sam and Jane's love story?
I mean, why would
they have been...
Filming themselves.
Filming, yeah, exactly.
I have no idea, you know.
Just a thought. Just a thought.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=home-again-2017

A "found footage love story" really got the wheels in my head turning. I've never seen a movie like that. Then I started thinking how hard it would be to make an entire found footage love story film. The plot would probably suffer, it wouldn't hold attention. So then I turned to the idea of just the film opening being found footage. I think that would be a really great way to throw the audience into the story, rather than watch the couple develop from square one.

That opening would be similar to the "Spiderman: Homecoming" opening, where Peter is taken by Happy to train with the Avengers. This clip shows how most of the exposition is completed in four minutes, as well as character introduction.

I now don't know whether I want to make the Delinquent/Support Group movie or this one. I'll have to decide soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Royalty Free Credits!

filming delayed