obstacles, obstacles

I've never needed a break more than I need right now. The last two weeks have definitely been some of the best and most fun of my life, but coming back to Weston meant dealing with personal issues I had put aside and making up mounds of school work- with the quarter ending three days later.

Dealing with my own issues made me realize that complex characters should have obstacles, whether mentally or physically. I decided to do some research on obstacles I could potentially use in my characters. Mental illness was the obvious choice. There's also physical ailments, financial issues, supernatural restrictions (not for this movie), legal inhibitions, etc. In Wonder, the main character's plight was the facial deformities. In Split, it was a mental illness. In The Conjuring, they had supernatural influences. 

I wanted to explore the idea of the Man having a mental disorder, like bipolar disorder or depression. I feel as though this would increase the inner conflict and develop a healthy balance between action and thriller genres. If he were to have this kind of disorder, we would also be able to explore how that affected the relationship between the Man and the Girl. 

That's all for now. More updates to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Royalty Free Credits!

filming delayed