Post 1, 2/25/18- First ideas

Ever since finding out about the foundation portfolio, I have been more excited than nervous. I've had a singular idea buzzing around my head for my film opening, and I couldn’t be more excited to execute it.

Genre wise, the idea I have fits under the Suspense/Thriller/Action. The movie I want to create has very similar genre blending and storytelling techniques to Baby Driver (2017). This article accurately depicts the styles and choices of Edgar Wright, and in turn how I will take inspiration from them.

The idea itself centers around a couple of juvenile delinquents, who have been arrested for various crimes, and how they all meet once a week at a court mandated support group- of sorts. When initially coming up with the idea, the support group was going to be a book club. The book club's purpose was to enrich the delinquent's lives with literature and provide a distraction from crime for them. The books they were to read each week would parallel the cases/lives of each one of the delinquents.

That's as far as I feel I can write for this post. I haven't started writing or filming and I have nothing to document yet, so "This is Where I Leave You" (2014, Dir. Shawn Levy).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Royalty Free Credits!

filming delayed