Post 3, March 4, 2018- Decision


I want to make the found footage love-story themed opening.
I have been imagining the story in my head, and I decided that maybe instead of the whole movie being a romantic drama, the beginning introduces the conflict of an action/thriller.

I looked up the most popular movie genres of the past few decades, and found this. The popular genres are action, adventure, and drama. In my other post, I talked about the genre blending of "Baby Driver". I think it would be interesting to genre blend with other genres.

The working title I came up with is "As Long As We Both Shall Live".

The "working" synopsis of the movie opening would be:
The film opens with a bunch of homemade clips, from phones and cameras, and focus on the beginnings of married life of a young couple. The clips show various moments of their lives. The final clip in the opening consists of the Boy setting up a surprise one year married anniversary dinner for his wife. He sets the camera up so that it faces the kitchen table and the front door. The Boy leaves for a moment, and the audience hears running footsteps and staggered breathing. We hear the cries and pleads of the Girl, followed by stabbing noises and more running (presumably belonging to the perpetrator) The Boy enters the room again right as the door is opening, and yells surprise as the Girl simultaneously falls to the floor, unconscious. The Boy cries and calls for help. The screen suddenly turns black and we hear the sound of a heartbeat monitor as the title shows in white lettering.

Its only a working concept, but I'm really excited to see where it goes;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Royalty Free Credits!

filming delayed